We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We're looking for a Title Insurance Associate to join a new team within Better that will work to increase revenue, improve customer experience, and get us closer to realizing our vision of a unified homeownership experience. This is an opportunity to build a start-up within a start-up, and you'll be the first teammate of this new initiative. You'll work cross collaboratively with many parties, including customers, external institutions, and other Better teams in a very dynamic role with a high level of ownership, responsibility, creativity and exposure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Guiding consumers through a complex process that we’re making simpler as part of a new insurance product
- Managing the order placement, processing, and preparation of title insurance policies
- Ensuring full and accurate coverage to protect Better's consumers and our work as a lender
- Identifying and outlining new operational workflows and improvements to existing processes
- Finding ways to grow and scale the business, everything from working closely with our management team on strategy to rolling up your sleeves and interacting with customers across the entire lifecycle
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Desire to hold a high impact, entrepreneurial role and have a direct hand in growing a business
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Finance.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Humility and accountability.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.