We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, and office management, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to help with daily human resources tasks in our NY office. In this role, you will report to our People Operations Administrator and work closely with our broader administration team on everything from new hire onboarding to reporting and employee engagement. Success in this role requires a high degree of organization, a detail-oriented mindset and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Recruiting team with onsite interview preparation
- Assisting with execution of standard operating procedures, such as updating various company rosters and systems, creating a great first day experience for new hires, and tracking new hire completion of first week tasks
- Updating and maintaining current onboarding processes to ensure new employees are set up for success
- Researching potential events to promote wellness and engagement for our employees
- Updating company organizational chart when needed
- Generating any standard reports and analytics upon request
- Completing ad hoc projects and general administrative duties for the People Ops team
- Comfortable working with a variety of people
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Capable of multitasking and managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of HR/People Operations experience
- The desire to crush it!
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.