We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, and office management, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
Better is looking for a senior technical recruiter who will function as a recruiting partner to technical teams (engineering + product), working closely with our product leadership team. This person will partner on building out creative talent strategies aimed at finding, attracting and closing top candidates. They will also function as an ambassador of Better, working with our internal team to develop external partnerships within the NYC tech community to represent Better (think attending events, figuring out which meetups we can host, and more!).
Responsibilities will include:
- Thinking outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
- Partnering with hiring managers on developing a strong candidate experience
- Developing creative, product and engineering-specific sourcing strategies
- Updating and managing our candidate pipeline via Greenhouse
- Sourcing candidates from various platforms
- Tailoring and posting job listings for open positions
- Owning candidate experience- guiding them through the hiring process
- Greeting, hosting, and selling candidates during onsite interviews
- High personal integrity
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in a start-up and/or fast-paced environment
- 4-6 years of experience working with and recruiting engineers/ highly technical roles
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.