We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better Opportunity:
The Better Marketing Team is looking for Marketing Managers and Media Buyers to launch new paid media acquisition channels, and create + manage campaigns across both online and offline channels.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, performance-driven individuals who excel at buying, testing, implementing, and optimizing acquisition channels. You will be responsible for creatively finding us customers wherever performance leads you - building out our current marketing mix to help grow the business, or revolutionizing and refining existing channels to deliver added value.
You will be responsible for testing new marketing channels and running daily optimizations on existing channels to hit growth targets. We need someone who has experience running campaigns across online or offline marketing channels and understands how to setup a well-run test and use data to evaluate its performance.
This person will join a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment and will interact with people of all levels across departments. They’ll have the know-how to exercise discretion and professionalism while paying close attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include:
- Exploring new channels to drive company growth and work with vendors to optimize performance.
- Generating new ideas and pursue them - anything that helps achieve company KPIs.
- Managing existing channels, analyze and optimize campaign performance.
- Creating weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports on paid channels performance.
- Collaborating with creative team and marketing to maximize acquisition from channels, for example by delivering landing pages and marketing assets.
- You have 2-5 years experience in a media buying/marketing role.
- Experience with paid search is a must.
- BA / BS degree in Finance, Statistics, Business, Marketing, Economics, or other related fields.
- Strong analytical skills including ability to synthesize data and provide insights and strategic actions.
- Proficient in SQL and Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas).
- Experience in at least one of the following acquisition channels: native ads, display and social ads, direct mail, programmatic, TV.
- A background in Fintech and/or Growth is useful.
- Know the latest trends and best practices in marketing and measurement and argue the pros/cons.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and proven track record for taking initiative.
- Passionate about digital marketing, driving performance, and eager to learn more.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where business needs are always changing.
- Detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.