We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
Building our internal culture and communications is a critical lever to pull as we enter the next phase of Better’s growth. We’re looking for a communications leader to own all internal communications for a organization of 400+ people we expect to double in the coming year. You will craft a strategy for tone, channels, content, and distribution methods to ensure that our growing team across four offices is informed, motivated, and excited to continue our mission of making home ownership so simple it’s magical.
This position will work closely with Better’s senior executive teams to ensure that our internal initiatives are aligned with business objectives across our core and emerging business units. You will also partner with our people organization to build strategies for developing a culture that attracts and retains top talent. Finally, you will be responsible for helping key senior executives develop their voice and leadership approaches within the organization globally.
This person will be part of a high-performing marketing and communications team in a fast-paced environment and will interact with people of all levels across all departments, including significant interaction with our CEO.
- Partner with executive and management teams to identify opportunities and goals for internal communications program across all offices.
- Work with Brand and People Operations teams to develop internal corporate mission and values materials that inspire and motivate our teams while building a culture of passion and performance.
- Develop Better’s internal communications program across all potential channels including emails, all hands, internal newsletters, and all other potential communications vehicles.
- Oversee development of content for all global internal communications including presentations, emails, reports, video content, etc, partnering with our internal studio and other experts as necessary.
- Help individual offices and functional teams develop their own internal communication vehicles and cadences, and regularly review those communications for consistency with global goals and tone.
- Partner with People Operations team on programs and communication channels to build culture and drive retention.
- Partner with individual executives to craft and execute their communications to the organization and potentially external parties as necessary.
- Bachelor's' Degree
- 5+ years of communications experience, agency or in-house, including internal communications
- Deep understanding of product and corporate communication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational abilities
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We get it done.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.