We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
The Financial Products team consists of mortgage capital markets, debt/financing products, as well as expansion into revenue generating strategic initiatives such as insurance. The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making.
Better is looking for an entrepreneurial & strategic thinker to help manage & drive key initiatives. The Senior Associate will work directly with the Head of Financial Products and be responsible for identifying, scoping and managing key initiatives for the Financial Products team and for the company. This is an opportunity to directly drive revenue growth in a high impact role on a lean team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being an entrepreneur: Use a full understanding of company business model & strategy, competitive landscape, and broad market opportunities to scope expansion opportunities & products
- Being a strategist: Prioritize strategic roadmap for financial products based on revenue impact & ROI - and then help drive execution.
- Examples of strategic initiatives on the roadmap for Q1 include loan eligibility expansion, 2nd liens / HELOCs, insurance products, and financing for consumers upgrading their homes
- Being a project manager: Collaborate cross-functionally with leaders across Better, including in operations, engineering, marketing, legal and finance
- Being a business representative: Drive initiatives and interface directly with leaders at banks, insurance companies, asset managers, hedge funds, potential partners, regulators, etc.
- Being a generalist: Work with head of the group to manage various strategic initiatives and ensure milestones and financial targets are being hit & projects are moving fast
- Analytical, strategic, objective and detail oriented self-starter comfortable in ambiguity and can help the company blaze new trails
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and solve problems
- Desire to learn quickly & deeply about new problems and opportunities
- Humility and accountability that translates into strong collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Deep experience in financial modeling & persuasive presentation
Things We Value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.