We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Financial Products team consists of mortgage capital markets, debt/financing products, as well as expansion into revenue generating strategic initiatives such as insurance. The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making.
Better is looking for an entrepreneurial & strategic thinker to help manage & drive key initiatives. The Senior Associate will work directly with the Head of Financial Products and be responsible for identifying, scoping and managing key initiatives for the Financial Products team and for the company. This is an opportunity to directly drive revenue growth in a high impact role on a lean team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being an entrepreneur: Use a full understanding of company business model & strategy, competitive landscape, and broad market opportunities to scope expansion opportunities & products
- Being a strategist: Prioritize strategic roadmap for financial products based on revenue impact & ROI - and then help drive execution.
- Examples of strategic initiatives on the roadmap for Q1 include loan eligibility expansion, 2nd liens / HELOCs, insurance products, and financing for consumers upgrading their homes
- Being a project manager: Collaborate cross-functionally with leaders across Better, including in operations, engineering, marketing, legal and finance
- Being a business representative: Drive initiatives and interface directly with leaders at banks, insurance companies, asset managers, hedge funds, potential partners, regulators, etc.
- Being a generalist: Work with head of the group to manage various strategic initiatives and ensure milestones and financial targets are being hit & projects are moving fast
- Analytical, strategic, objective and detail oriented self-starter comfortable in ambiguity and can help the company blaze new trails
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and solve problems
- Desire to learn quickly & deeply about new problems and opportunities
- Humility and accountability that translates into strong collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Deep experience in financial modeling & persuasive presentation
Things We Value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.