We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
We’re looking for a Head of Planning and Consumer Insights to join our marketing team. In this role, you will partner with the CMO and head of creative to vividly bring to life deep consumer understanding and insight that inspires big ideas and profitable brand growth. You will be responsible for building an internal team as well as managing agency partners to deliver actionable research and insights across:
- Ongoing voice of customer initiative for the consumption by the entire organization
- Product and usability research to drive customer experience excellence
- Customer insights research (both qual and quant) to drive campaign creative and media spend
- Market research to help the business make strategic decisions about how to be competitive
The role reports directly to the CMO within the marketing organization, but is a deeply cross-functional role responsible for developing insights to drive strategy across the business. You will work closely with marketing, product and digital teams as well as sales and business strategy to develop insights and strategies that are grounded in deep consumer understanding.
This person will be part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment and will interact with people of all levels across departments. They’ll have the know-how to exercise discretion and professionalism while paying close attention to detail.
- Works with client-side product marketing to develop positioning statements, messaging hierarchy and sample messaging per communications channels in order to effectively break through the market with data-driven strategies.
- Assists in developing the data-driven support and research validation rigor to apply to the marketing strategies and messaging for a product launch.
- Conducts market sizing assessment and competitive analyses in order to properly identify key audiences and targets for products and offers.
- Develops and fields research to determine natural positioning of the product in the market.
- Maintains a line of sight into and help advise on product and offer roadmap strategies in order to get ahead of an offer shift or strategy.
- Keeps a finger on the pulse of the real-time market dynamics and the influences of competition in order to better blunt the competition.
- Possess an acute understanding and ability to address most pressing client business issues.
- Strong command of communications planning/the role individual channels can play in bringing a campaign to life.
- Collaborates with partners across disciplines/agencies to develop integrated/cross-channel campaigns
- Strong communication skills; provides articulate and compelling storytelling to enlist others (internal and external) in their strategy recommendations.
- Be an advocate for the consumer in internal meetings and a driver of consumer insight-led actions to inform all marketing initiatives, including developing a formal “voice of customer” program that helps develop a user-first mentality across the organization.
- 5-7+ years in a strategic or communications planning role
- Fluency in and comfort with consumer research (enough to hire and build a team)
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.