We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
The Better Marketing team is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager, with a strong background in product marketing and project management. Reporting to the Marketing Operations Manager and working parallel to a Product Manager, you will collaborate with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams in all aspects of strategy, messaging, positioning, storytelling, go-to-market execution as well as campaign building and analysis. You will be responsible for not only bringing customers in through the top of the funnel advertising channels, but partnering strategically with the rest of the org to make sure that customer receives the right sales messaging and contact points, product experience, life cycle marketing content, offers, and loan fulfillment experience to successfully fund a loan with Better and walk away a brand advocate.
You are obsessive about customers’ needs and wants and passionate about meeting those needs through creative storytelling and strategic go to market approach. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of researching target markets, defining messaging, and executing product launch plans.
This person will be part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment and will interact with people of all levels across departments, including direct collaboration with the CMO and EDC around campaigns for the audience they own. They’ll have the know-how to exercise discretion and professionalism while paying close attention to detail.
- Develop positioning and messaging that differentiates the Better experience in the market.
- Conduct research on the market, competition and customers to identify trends, pain points and opportunities for growth. Have a strong baseline understanding of why we win or lose customers.
- Leverage customer insights to identify and target priority customers, with key messages, value propositions and ensure consistency at every stage of their journey with us.
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Collaborate with the Product Manager in developing and executing product positioning and messaging.
- Responsible for articulating and managing all of the tasks necessary to bring these campaigns to market and optimize the campaigns in market.
- Define the user journey and customer communication touchpoints alongside the product managers, and marketing team and identify other relevant engagement and activation points to drive conversion.
- 2-5 years in a product marketing manager (or related) role
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (integrated marketing campaigns, SEO, digital advertising and social media marketing)