We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better's People Operations Team is looking for a Corporate Recruiter to join our growing talent practice, focusing on building out our business functions, including finance, legal, marketing, and business operations. This person will partner with our hiring managers to build out creative talent strategies aimed at finding, attracting, and closing top candidates. In this role, you will manage the experience of both our hiring managers and candidates, ensuring that expectations of key stakeholders are not just met, but exceeded.
Responsibilities will include:
- Thinking outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
- Partnering with hiring managers on developing a strong candidate experience
- Developing sourcing strategies
- Updating and managing our candidate pipeline via Greenhouse
- Sourcing candidates from various platforms
- Tailoring and posting job listings for open positions
- Owning candidate experience -- guiding them through the hiring process
- Greeting, hosting, and selling candidates during onsite interviews
- Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High personal integrity
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in a start up and/or fast-paced environment
- 2-4 years of experience working in full-cycle recruiting for corporate functions
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.