We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a office manager to join the team. We are looking for a resourceful and reliable candidate to play a key role in shaping our environment, and creating a positive, productive, and welcoming atmosphere for all employees and guests.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of office operations including maintaining office inventory (order and stock) and keeping the space tidy and welcoming for employees and guests
- Be the first point of contact for Better employees & guests for any office related requests/accommodations
- Coordinate and support all onboarding duties of new employees and ensure they are set up for success
- Control and manage building and office access as well as safety and security practices
- Manage vendors, food deliveries, and take ownership of sourcing various office resources
- Track and facilitate shipments, orders, inventories, and deliveries including office supplies, furniture, food/snacks, and computer related equipment
- Maintain records, ensure filing systems are securely kept current and accurate
- Pick-up all outbound and inbound USPS mail/ FedEx packages and distribute accordingly
- Responsible for arranging office events and employee experience initiatives/activities ; i.e., happy hours, holiday and birthday events, etc.
- Plan and execute company and office-wide meetings, office relocations, office renovations and other special projects
- Support all office functions to keep things running smoothly in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with ad hoc projects and general administrative duties
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Incredibly proactive and does not require micro-management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, manage priorities, and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Humility and accountability
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.