We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a office manager to join the team. We are looking for a resourceful and reliable candidate to play a key role in shaping our environment, and creating a positive, productive, and welcoming atmosphere for all employees and guests.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of office operations including maintaining office inventory (order and stock) and keeping the space tidy and welcoming for employees and guests
- Be the first point of contact for Better employees & guests for any office related requests/accommodations
- Coordinate and support all onboarding duties of new employees and ensure they are set up for success
- Control and manage building and office access as well as safety and security practices
- Manage vendors, food deliveries, and take ownership of sourcing various office resources
- Track and facilitate shipments, orders, inventories, and deliveries including office supplies, furniture, food/snacks, and computer related equipment
- Maintain records, ensure filing systems are securely kept current and accurate
- Pick-up all outbound and inbound USPS mail/ FedEx packages and distribute accordingly
- Responsible for arranging office events and employee experience initiatives/activities ; i.e., happy hours, holiday and birthday events, etc.
- Plan and execute company and office-wide meetings, office relocations, office renovations and other special projects
- Support all office functions to keep things running smoothly in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with ad hoc projects and general administrative duties
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Incredibly proactive and does not require micro-management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, manage priorities, and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Humility and accountability
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.