We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an entrepreneurial-minded finance enthusiast to join the FP&A team. The FP&A Analyst will assist with regular forecasting, budgeting process, cross-functional analysis and special strategic projects. Additionally, the Analyst will help develop and leverage technology to identify and track KPIs and generate key reporting packages. As the firm continually builds-out and refines its financial planning infrastructure, this individual will be key in driving and maintaining new processes. The ideal candidate isn’t afraid to build something from scratch, takes pride in their work and operates well in whitespace.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and enhancing company-wide monthly and quarterly forecasting process, including the development of corporate targets
- Partnering with key stakeholders to develop and maintain departmental budgets and appropriate metrics to measure success
- Building out dashboards and scalable reports to track KPIs and summarize Better’s financial condition to highlight key trends and target variances
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Directors, prospective investors and other external parties
- Participating in cross-functional work to evaluate strategic initiatives and associated financial impacts and help to incorporate into financial plans
- Helping with any ad-hoc analyses and strategic projects determined by the needs of executive team
- 1-2 years of functional experience in an FP&A, investment banking or corporate finance role
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Proficient in financial modeling and creating presentation materials
- Strong leadership with ability to adapt to dynamic, quick-pace environment
- Ability to think creatively on a macro and micro level
- Humble, highly driven and detail-oriented
- Passionate about blending technology and finance
- Knowledge of SQL and Tableau is a plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.