We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Our fast-growing loan consultant team continually questions, innovates and iterates on how to bring best-in-class service to the mortgage industry. As part of the team, you’ll be on the front lines of generating revenue by creating qualified opportunities for our Loan Consultants. Unique to the CEA role at Better is that you never cold call or prospect. Our technology generates warm leads that you are responsible for engaging and qualifying.
Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.
This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with warm leads
- Working with Loan Consultants to build pipeline of customers
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through their home buying process.
- Providing the best customer experience possible. We do not take a “sales” approach.
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you.
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.