A Better company:
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Closing Associate to join the team. You will work cross collaboratively with many parties, including borrowers, external institutions, and other Better teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing Closing Disclosures in compliance with TRID guidelines.
- Producing Closing Packages for loan closings.
- Guiding borrowers from the point of underwriting approval to funding.
- Working with various third parties to ensure an efficient experience for our borrowers.
- Closing 75-100 loans per month.
- Being outspoken about ways in which we can improve borrower experience. We value your feedback!
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Humility and accountability.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.