We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Our loan consultant team continually questions, innovates and iterates on how to bring best-in-class service to the mortgage industry. As part of the team, you’ll be on the front lines of making every borrower’s mortgage experience better, empowering them to make one of the most important financial decisions of their life. You will be the first point of contact for potential borrowers, learning about their financing needs and educating them on how Better can be part of their home buying journey. Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.
This position will require sophisticated interaction with both the software that we’re building and the clients we’re serving.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as the primary driver of personal engagement with prospective borrowers that have completed a 3-minute, digital pre-approval application
- Reach out to prospective borrowers via phone, email and text to gain an understanding of their needs and educate them on Better’s value proposition
- Prospect and identify potential borrowers to contact
- Contribute to the design and delivery of messaging and re-targeting campaigns
- Work with Loan Consultants to convert qualified leads to customers
- Represent the borrower’s voice in collaborative improvement efforts with ops, tech, product, and marketing
- Guide prospective home shoppers through the home buying process and help them finance their dream home.
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex problems
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The desire to perform
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.