We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
As Better's Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you will be a key member of a team focused on driving conversion improvements using email, sms, and content. It’s a big task and it all starts by working closely with members of the acquisition group to understand where borrowers are coming from and develop strategies to address what their motivations might be. The Director of LCM will work with the Email Content Writer to create content and launch test plans to answer two important questions: what do these prospective customers need to hear and when do they need to hear it in order to drive the conversion profile further forward. You will own the Lifecycle Marketing strategy and report out on what worked and what didn’t, partnering closely with the Marketing team and the analytics team to share knowledge across the organization. It will be critical for the Lifecycle Manager to coordinate across teams including, but not limited to, the sales team, the product team, the operations team, the agent team, and the creative team.
You must be able to think strategically, make metrics-driven decisions, and value collaboration and communication above-all-else. At Better, marketing is a team sport and we’re excited to add a new player.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and own Better’s Lifecycle marketing strategy, including the messaging and timing of all emails that are sent to customers
- Improve conversion rates using email, SMS, and content, with a particular emphasis on developing and implementing a strategy for using SMS to drive acquisition and conversion
- Develop A/B test plans for existing and new automated lifecycle campaigns
- Build on existing reporting dashboards for tracking to goals and share learnings weekly
- Collaborate with the creative team to write content to support borrowers and prospective borrowers
- Overhaul the copy and timing of transactional emails, and migrate them to a new ESP
- Communicate team needs to product stakeholders to continue to drive improvements in conversion
- Prepare materials to internally communicate business priorities and strategy for lifecycle
Attributes we value:
- 5+ years of experience standing up a Lifecycle program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Empathy for our customers
- Team player
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Bonus points for:
- Experience in fintech or other start-up environments
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- HTML / CSS for email
- Basic SQL skills