A Better company
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We’re transforming home ownership by deeply understanding our user’s goals and obstacles, so we can craft a seamless product experience that gets people in their homes faster, with less stress, and more confidence. We’re searching for a Senior Product Designer to help us achieve these goals, and to join our best-in-class product and technology team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define product experiences that will make the mortgage process transparent, efficient, and easy to understand.
- Transform the home buying journey, giving borrowers the tools they need to find the right home and make a winning offer that fits comfortably into their budget.
- Own the design process end-to-end: partner with product managers and engineers to iterate quickly through possible solutions, build increasingly higher fidelity prototypes to validate hypotheses and gain consensus, and deliver actionable polished designs to engineers for implementation.
- Internalize our mission and values and convey them in your designs by having a supportive tone, giving users full transparency around costs, and providing them with unbiased financial advice.
- Collaborate closely with marketing and sales since the user experience does not live solely within the confines of the software you design. Strive to make the user experience seamless across all touch points.
- Act as a leader on the design team by giving thoughtful feedback in design reviews, evolving our component libraries, and experimenting with new tools and techniques.
- Advocate for exceptional design and design thinking across our organization. Present your vision of the user experience in a compelling way that gets the everyone excited to work towards it.
- At least four years of experience doing exceptional product design work, with at least two years at a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You solicit feedback to make your designs better and believe good ideas can come from anywhere.
- You balance creating the ideal user experience with business goals and time to market. You version your designs so they get shipped in weeks, not months.
- You take full ownership of your designs and do user research, write copy, map user flows, layer in thoughtful interactions, and create beautiful visuals.
- You can showcase examples of your excellent UX and visual design work.
- You’re excited about our mission to make homeownership easier and more affordable for all Americans.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it