We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
As Better’s VP of Acquisition, you will lead a team focused on growing and optimizing a direct-to-consumer customer acquisition program. Since the team’s inception, we’ve been on a mission to change the way people think about marketing a mortgage because, while we do help people finance homes, the real value comes from meeting customers early and helping them throughout their journey — whether they are buying a home or considering refinancing an existing home.
Consideration times are LONG. Attribution is TOUGH. And all the while you’re competing against both big-brand budgets and the personal handshake of a local lender. Breaking through is a team effort, and you will be responsible for collaborating with our internal creative agency, our finance team, our product team, and our origination team.
And yes, you guessed it, you have to do all that while also balancing responsibilities for vendor management, contract negotiations, hands-on people management, and managing effective media spend. This job is challenging, but comes with a phenomenal support system. There will be an increasing amount of executive exposure, as well as exposure to investors and key external stakeholders.
This person will need to be fearless, analytical, a strong communicator, and deeply believe that getting people access to affordable home finance is important. Since 2016, we’ve been building the foundation and now it’s time to take our program to the next level. Our VP of Acquisition will have the vision and the can-do spirit to get us there. Come help!
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of 5 (and counting) focused on optimizing marketing channels, audience targeting strategies, creative campaigns, and product experiences
- Own budget and partner with finance to establish KPIs
- Build and reinforce internal dashboards for tracking to goals
- Own media and channel strategy, along with oversight of media buying execution
- Partner with creative team to improve upon asset requests and delivery
- Structure deals with key partners and define approach to acquiring media at the most favorable and performant rates
- Collaborate with Head of Lifecycle to improve conversion rates using email, sms, content, and SEO
- Communicate team needs to product stakeholders to continue to drive improvements in CAC
- Prepare materials to communicate business priorities and strategy for acquisition both internally and externally
- Well-rounded media and channel strategy experience from nimble, smaller spend digital-first scenarios to large, national brand campaigns.
- Experience developing consumer insights to drive both media, channel, and creative strategies.
- Strong analytical foundation with meticulous attention to detail. Experience architecting and implementing testing and optimization plans.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with ability to go from 1,000 feet as a leader to 10 feet as an executor as needed
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to hire, manage, and scale a team
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in start-up environments
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.