A Better Company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Here’s why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to the community and contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder and harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, and is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. It’s time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. It’s built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, and offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, we’ve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, and won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service, and we’re just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isn’t easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better Opportunity
As a product designer within our design and product team you will be completely responsible for taking ownership of the look and feel of the full acquisition side of our product. You’ll collaborate with our other product and UX designers as well as our product managers and engineering teams to craft the best experiences possible in order to make a historically complicated process an enjoyable and thoughtful experience. You’re someone that sees the opportunity for beautiful design everywhere and gets tremendous satisfaction from clean, thoughtful, and simple product design. You’ll be able to grow professionally by working alongside senior talent and by actively releasing, testing, iterating and improving on your designs in measurable and meaningful ways. You enjoy solving problems and are excited about working for a company alongside mission driven peers with an equal commitment to excellence.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of visual design experience
- An impeccable sense of visual design
- Experience with and a great eye for thoughtful animation
- A desire to learn from others
- Ability to help/teach others
- Ability to win over co-workers on the importance of great design
- Comfortable working with product managers and engineers (we’re a really close team)
- Comfortable learning from A/B testing, user interviews and other user data analysis
- Insatiable appetite for making the product look and feel better
- Always able to put our users first
- A genuine desire to make change for the good through great design