A Better opportunity
Our UX team is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer with strong systems and web application thinking to join our fast growing, consumer-facing financial technology company. Our product has processed over $1 billion in loans and in order to scale with demand we need top-tier talent who can provide simplified solutions for complex customer and internal work flows. These solutions will directly impact the immediate and future success of the company, as well as the direction of our internal and external product. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the UX of an entire vertical of our product, and will report directly to the Head of UX. You can also expect to work closely with our engineering team, our product managers, and stakeholders across business functions.
Attributes we value
The ideal candidate always puts the user first, and has a genuine desire to make change for good through great design. A link to examples of work is required as part of your application. In addition, we are looking for:
- Outstanding systems thinking
- Experience designing sophisticated web applications for power users
- Experience thinking in and building out component libraries and stylekits
- Great use of visual hierarchy
- Business goal oriented
- Sketch app chops
- An impeccable sense of product styling
- Strengths in understanding how animating elements can expand functionality
- Ability to rapidly prototype your ideas
- Comfortable taking art direction and criticism
- Comfortable providing design rationales
- A desire to learn from others
- Ability to help/teach others
- Ability to win over co-workers to the importance of great design
- Comfortable working with product managers
- Comfortable learning from A/B testing
- Ability to execute ideas quickly
A Better company
It’s hard not to be excited about mortgages when you’re actively upending the conventions of a $13 trillion dollar business that impacts over 200 million Americans.
At Better, we’re building a next-generation mortgage platform from the ground up. We’ve already funded $1 billion in loans, and we’re just getting started. Our team combines leading software engineers from tech giants like Google and Spotify with financial talent from firms like Blackstone and Bridgewater, creating a hybrid institution unlike any other.
Rife with antiquated processes, the home finance industry has remained fundamentally unchanged since the 1970s. As we break down the entrenchments that bar so many from the benefits of homeownership, we adhere to three basic principles:
- Humans are better than computers at expressing empathy, understanding individual situations, and creating solutions to help people. Let them.
- Computers are more efficient than humans at working with massive data sets, performing complex calculations, and validating thousands of rules. Use them.
- The rules of the status quo are broken. Change them.
Join our mortgage revolution.