We are looking for a QA Manager to join our Product Development Department. You will be part of the Mobile Apps team and together we will build the best native experience in the industry.
As a QA Manager (Mobile) at Betsson Group, you will manage a team of talented QA engineers and take overall responsibility for the QA automation framework and manual testing strategy and quality processes for the mobile platforms. As the QA Manager (Mobile), you will ensure a smooth functioning of technical operations, monitor, and evaluate team members’ technical progress, assist with training and recruitment, set goals, and ensure overall user satisfaction. You will also ensure everyone in the team is given the platform to succeed and a high level of support in their career development. Our ethos is that to effectively manage a team, you need to actively participate in its activities, and therefore you will be expected to be a hands-on member of the team.
What we are looking for
- A strong technical background in QA automation and processes.
- Technical proficiency with the following: Selenium-Java, Rest-assured, Appium, TestNG/Junit, CI/CD, TestRail;
- Experience in designing architectural QA automation frameworks for mobile apps.
- Experienced and passionate about coaching and mentoring people, preferably having done so in a similar role.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with modern agile software development practices and CI/CD.
- A humble and inspirational manager who leads by example.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with a strong focus on execution and delivery.
Great if you have
- Experience delivering software as an Agile Lead / Scrum Master / Manager in a technically complex environment.
- Working experience with geographically distributed teams.
- Prior experience in the gaming industry.
- Clear verbal & written communication.
A taster of what you will be involved with
- Build a high performing team with the right mix of skills and knowledge through recruitment, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and continuous improvement.
- Set and implement a technical strategy for the platform to meet all the current and future business and technical requirements, ensuring high standards and code quality.
- Drive and facilitate the team’s delivery to production in terms of both time and quality, taking responsibility to ensure the team makes commitments and lives up to expectations.
- Foster a team culture of ownership, collaboration, and passion for delivering quality products.
- Motivate the team to maintain high technical standards when it comes to ensuring reliability and up time.
- Collaborate with the wider technical leadership in ensuring the team follows architectural direction and for general alignment on ways of working.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, knowledge sharing, planning and conflict resolution in the team.
- Ensure that team processes and routines are defined, organised, and continuously reviewed and optimised, aligning with other teams as much as possible.
- Take responsibility for resolving or escalating impediments to team performance.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the team, facilitating open communication and co-ordination with other teams as and when required.
- Ensure all responsibilities in the team are well defined and communicated, with the ability to delegate responsibilities to team members.
- Be an active member of the team, with the expectation that your time would be split 50/50 (on average) between technical leadership activities and technical work.
What we offer
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
If you are interested to learn more, please apply with your CV in English.
Check out the Betsson Group Blog to find out what our employees are talking about