Our mission at Beto For America is to elect Beto O’Rourke as the 46th President of the United States. To do that, we will build a vibrant campaign that embodies Beto’s vision and values for the country. How? By actively engaging voters. By listening to new ideas. And by treating our campaign family with kindness and respect.
We’re committing ourselves to a culture of inclusion and acceptance in America, and that begins in our campaign offices. We think that’s part of winning. Here’s what we’ll do:
- We set the bar high and raise the standard for a presidential campaign.
- We win by engaging every voter and every community.
- We take care of each other and value every member of our campaign family.
- Keep our thoughts, comments and actions positive, because that embodies Beto’s vision for this campaign and for America
What are we looking for in a foreign policy fellow?
- We are looking for a motivated individual with a background in foreign policy including cyber security or region specific.
- Support the development of policy proposals across the foreign policy portfolio, including research, expert outreach, and idea generation
- Conduct one long-term policy project over the course of their fellowship. Proposals will be due within the first week to the Policy Chief of Staff.
- Draft briefing materials for policy team members to provide background on key policy areas
- Monitor news of the day that may impact policy development
- Help manage materials needed for stakeholder and volunteer engagement
- Work no more than 20 hours per week.
- Remote fellowships may be approved on a case by case basis.
- For those not enrolled in a course for academic credit, you must have at least 1 cycle of campaign experience, and at least 2 years of work experience
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be dependable
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapid changing environment
- Creative thinking and “can-do” attitude for problem solving.
- Interest in and passion for getting to know new people
- Ability to work and thrive under pressure
- Willingness to check personal ego at the door to prioritize the overall success of the team
Stipend: This role will receive a stipend of $1250/month on a semi-monthly basis.
Length: This fellowship will last up to 8 weeks.
Beto For America is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.