Beto for America is seeking a Digital Director to join our South Carolina team for the 2020 election cycle. Our mission at Beto For America is to elect Beto O’Rourke as the 46th President of the United States. To do that, we will build a vibrant campaign that embodies Beto’s vision and values for the country. How? By actively engaging voters. By listening to new ideas. And by treating our campaign family with kindness and respect.
We’re committing ourselves to a culture of inclusion and acceptance in America, and that begins in our campaign offices. We think that’s part of winning. Here’s what we’ll do:
- We set the bar high and raise the standard for a presidential campaign.
- We win by engaging every voter and every community.
- We take care of each other and value every member of our campaign family.
- Keep our thoughts, comments and actions positive, because that embodies Beto’s vision for this campaign and for America
The Digital Director will be responsible for implementing an aggressive online program aimed at building support for Beto O'Rourke's campaign for President. The Digital Director will report directly to the State Director and work in collaboration with other department teams. This is a great opportunity for qualified candidates to gain hands-on experience creating and implementing an aggressive state specific digital program. Specifically, the Digital Director will be responsible for:
- Implementing email strategy for statewide communications and volunteer recruitment
- Writing & sending South Carolina campaign emails; and analyzing the results of each send
- Implementing the campaign's South Carolina social media strategy
- Training other members of the team to improve their own social media usage
- Creating written content over various media to drive engagement
- Supporting the campaign's growing digital operations, and finance/field/communications teams, as necessary
- Producing digestible reports of online metrics and trends on an ongoing basis
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Strong writing and creative thinking skills
- Experience with graphic design for social media and proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or similar software.
- Experience with CRMs and CMSs -- preferably BSDTools, NGPVAN, and WordPress
- Experience with video editing for web ideally on Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, or iMovie
- Previous background in a fast-paced metrics driven work environment
- The ability to work independently and in team settings
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
Beto For America is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.