Beto for America is seeking an Operations Desk for the 2020 Presidential Primary. This position is responsible for supporting the Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina state teams and facilitating progress with national operations departments. This position also may be required to travel to states and provide on the ground support.
- Providing around the clock, day-to-day support to state operations teams (IA, NH, NV, SC) to ensure they have everything they need to hit their programmatic and voter contact goals.
- Act as a liaison between State Directors and Operations Team
- A significant portion of this role would be spent building out tracking metrics, processes, and narrative sheets in order to make recommendations and decisions on programmatic needs, investments, and budget items.
- Facilitating all logistical components of office ramp ups, shut-downs and staff relocation plans for large numbers of staff across multiple states
- Conduct evaluations of each states trackable metrics, including hiring and on-boarding (ramp schedules), office set up, inventory needs, point of sale merchandise and other valuable data as identified by national leadership.
- Represent the Operations Team on state calls (IA, NH, NV, SC). Bring back follow-ups to sub-departments as required.
- Building, refining and implementing systems to improve efficiency and integrations between state teams and national.
- Facilitate request submissions from states to national and work with state teams on building plans and budget tracking documents.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills,
- Ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment with long hours
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Customer-service oriented with strong work ethic
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Willingness to travel if needed (as needed basis, no more than 20% of the time)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience creating processes
- Experience collaborating with staff remotely
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced and unpredictable environment
- Experience getting buy-in from stakeholders across multiple locations
- At least 1 cycle working in a management role within a campaign; ideally on the operations side.
- 4+ years of administrative or operational management, or related experience
Beto For America is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.