Beto for America is seeking full‐time Regional Organizing Directors for our Iowa organizing program. Regional Organizing Directors will be responsible for executing the statewide organizing plan and supervising their Organizers within their assigned region.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Training and managing a team of Organizers to meet voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Daily management of Organizers, including setting and managing daily priorities for Organizers to ensure their productivity and meet the needs of the campaign.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Extensively coach staff daily on persuasive communication with voters, volunteer recruitment, volunteer management, and volunteer retention.
- Outreach and maintenance to political contacts in each region to facilitate investment in Beto O’Rourke and the organizing program at large.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely, and monitoring metrics within each region on the health of the organizing program (including the voter contact program, volunteer recruitment program, etc.).
- Maintaining strict data integrity and quality control practices within their region for voter contact and volunteer recruitment activities, so as to ensure that the campaign has the highest quantity of the highest quality conversations possible.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least two cycles of competitive organizing experience.
- Previous management experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to and motivate staff and volunteers
- Willingness and ability to adapt management style to the unique needs of each employee while still enforcing standards of discipline and accountability.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN.
- Ability and desire to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to relocate in-state for the duration of the campaign.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
Beto For America is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.