Beto for America is seeking a Campus Organizing Director for the New Hampshire Primary. The Campus Organizing Director will be charged with implementing an aggressive youth outreach plan on every campus in New Hampshire to support Beto O'Rourke's campaign for President. The Campus Organizing Director will manage a team of Campus Organizers working to engage students in the campaign and discuss the importance of voting in the New Hampshire Primary. This position will report directly to the New Hampshire Organizing Director.
- Developing a comprehensive statewide campus organizing plan that includes clear metrics, tactics, and program timelines.
- Overseeing the day to day activities of the campus organizers to ensure progress to goal on all short and long term metrics.
- Working with the Data Director to ensure the integrity of all data collected from field activities.
- Creating materials to help support the work of the campus program.
- Developing and leading trainings for campus staff and implementing a system for continuous coaching throughout the campaign.
- Working with the Organizing Director to develop systems to ensure all campus are run effectively and efficiently.
- Creating a professional work environment and a culture of accountability amongst campus staff.
- Working with the leadership team to identify tactical adjustments and ensure their implementation in the field.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2 cycles of campaign experience or comparable organizing experience.
- Previous experience managing an organizing team or being a part of a campus team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to and motivate staff and provide constructive criticism.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Proven experience excelling in fast paced and metrics driven work environments.
- A self-starter with the willingness to think creatively and solve problems proactively.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train staff.
- Ability to build and manage relationships.
- Ability to travel to multiple houses each shift, transport campaign materials, knock on doors, converse with residents, and do data entry on results
Beto For America is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.