Beto For America is the team working to build a grassroots movement and win the Democratic nomination for president. Our campaign will be positive, and it will be powered by volunteers. This is a campaign by all of us for all of us. Our staff will not just focus on the traditional battleground states. We’re offering meaningful volunteer roles for people wherever they are -- from Alaska to Puerto Rico. We are hiring the Regional Organizing Director to support our state programs. Ideal candidates have previous campaign organizing and leadership experience, excel at multi-tasking, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are passionate about being members of the Beto For America team.
Beto for America is seeking Regional Organizing Directors (RODs) for the 2020 New Hampshire Primary election. RODs will be charged with implementing an aggressive field plan in their assigned regions and delivering the margin of victory for Beto O'Rourke's campaign in New Hampshire. RODs will report directly to the Deputy Organizing Director and be based in targeted regions throughout the state.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Training and managing a team of Organizers to meet voter contact and volunteer recruitment goals on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Daily management of Organizers, including setting and managing daily priorities for Organizers to ensure their productivity and meet the needs of the campaign.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Extensively coach staff daily on persuasive communication with voters, volunteer recruitment, volunteer management, and volunteer retention.
- Outreach and maintenance to political contacts in each region to facilitate investment in Beto O’Rourke and the organizing program at large.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely, and monitoring metrics within each region on the health of the organizing program (including the voter contact program, volunteer recruitment program, etc.).
- Maintaining strict data integrity and quality control practices within their region for voter contact and volunteer recruitment activities, so as to ensure that the campaign has the highest quantity of the highest quality conversations possible.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- At least two cycles of competitive organizing experience.
- Previous management experience is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to and motivate staff and volunteers
- Willingness and ability to adapt management style to the unique needs of each employee while still enforcing standards of discipline and accountability.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN.
- Ability and desire to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to relocate in-state for the duration of the campaign.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
Beto For America is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.