Lead a software engineering team and model the development and delivery of enterprise software products through processes that optimize our business operations. Create a high-performing software development environment that is fun, respectful, and customer-focused.
- Recruit, train, and mentor software team members that are passionate about their craft and excited about their growth.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of the Software Development team, following company leadership guidelines and standards.
- Ensure the team consistently delivers value through timely software solutions aligned with business objectives.
- Gather requirements, prepare cost estimates and project schedules, and manage product development and delivery.
- Work closely with development, product, and support teams to optimize software design and ensure incident-free delivery.
- Provide guidance to team members for software design, coding, and testing techniques.
- Oversee quality assurance and quality control for software solutions, ensuring our products perform as expected.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and standards adherence for assigned projects.
- Stay abreast of new software technologies, developments in Information Technology, and best practices in cybersecurity.
- Coordinate project technical direction and design in collaboration with other Software Development Managers.
4+ years of experience developing software in a professional environment.
Demonstrates leadership ability through organization, decision making, communication, and project management.
Strong understanding of software engineering design, softwarFamiliarity with testing frameworks and a willingness to embrace Test Driven Development (TDD) practices.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Office environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 5 - 20 pounds.
Hours and Schedule
- 40 - 45 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F).
Minimal travel required for company events and inter-region collaboration.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off
- Company-Issued Cell Phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips