The Construction Estimator will primarily be a field role that will be audit and analyze material takeoffs on all floor plans. This will entail weekly field counts and reports on all materials to ensure we are purchasing and delivering an accurate amount of material for our trade partners to perform their tasks. Work closely with the construction support teams, as well as the regional constructions teams to eliminate waste and costly overages that we can then pass along to the homebuyer. Directly responsible for adjusting material quantities to accurate levels.
- Create accurate and detailed takeoffs for all products on our homes, products we purchase, as well as, trade supplied products for both new and existing plans.
- Audit quantity errors and issues reported through vendor purchase orders, phone, text, or email by re-measuring plans and weekly visits to the field.
- Work alongside the cost analytics team members to investigate and find cost saving solutions on accurate material and product quantities.
- Produce and maintain detailed takeoff reports via excel or takeoff software. Give weekly updates of these reports to the cost analytics manager.
- Proficient in Excel
- At least one year of experience as an estimator
- Proficient in Revit
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Variation of environments, both field and office.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, rock, etc.).
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions such as frequent moving vehicles, construction equipment, and various construction materials.
Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
Ability to lift 20 - 75 pounds.
Hours and Schedule
- 40 - 45 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F).
- Travel is occasionally required.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-Issued Cell Phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips