Provide direction and leadership for all title examining, legal activities, and examining team members while providing support and guidance of operating compliance within federal, state and local laws. Provide general counsel for Betenbough Companies, PBC as needed.
- Lead and develop a passionate team of professionals that contribute to the organization's goals.
- Provide legal support and guidance for all title business needs as well as general counsel advisement for the Betenbough Companies, PBC Board of Directors, as needed.
- Draft and review legal documents for real estate transactions such as title documents, specialty warranty deeds, partial release of liens, power of attorney, etc.
- Handle large-scale real estate portfolios with all the legal nuances which are different for each property.
- Assess legal risk in real estate documentation paperwork or court filings.
- Assist in analysis and compliance of government laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure that contracts and agreements adequately protect the organization's interests. Direct and coordinate work of outside counsel as needed.
- Humble Challenger | Willing to challenge the status quo and refuse to simply assimilate to the majority or popular vote and instead initiate change with purpose and conviction. Without humility or a willingness to submit, this person is merely a rebel.
- Strong Integrity | Understands the balance between honoring the law and honoring the Lord, while remaining above reproach and maintaining a strong desire to do what is right. Knowing, and/or finding the truth is of high importance to this person.
- Active Peacemaker | Proactively seeks out peace between parties using clear and confident communication. Chooses positivity, composed and friendly even under pressure. They know that language matters and are careful with communication so they don't create fear or confusion.
- Excellent Process Builder | Embraces efficient and effective processes as an opportunity to provide excellence and service to both the team and the customer. They can create something from nothing and bring order to chaos.
- Completion of accredited law school with a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree.
- Working knowledge of title insurance, land use, business law, property management, and residential and commercial real estate law, including litigation.
- 3-5 years experience as transactional real estate attorney.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Office environment.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Ability to lift 5 - 20 pounds.
Hours and Schedule
- Average 40 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F).
- Travel is occasionally required.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-Issued Cell Phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips