Passionately create software that will align with and improve daily processes to help our companies and their teams become more efficient and effective.
- Primarily operate within these areas of software development lifecycle (Development, Testing, Release, Maintenance).
- Write well designed, testable code, and embrace a continuously integrated TDD environment and approach.
- Create, test, and deploy new or enhanced software features, bug fixes, and reports.
- Follow software specifications, coding standards and practices, test plans, and quality assurance procedures.
- Protect and maintain the security, integrity, and stability of our customers’ systems and data.
- Communicate the status of features, bugs, and projects to our customers appropriately, respectfully, and continually.
- Write documentation, training material, and educate customers on new and existing software functionality.
- Learn the Homebuilding business and the technologies we develop around it.
- Cultivate a lifestyle of learning, personal and professional development, and growth.
- Take responsibility and ownership of duties, needs and tasks.
- Manage time effectively.
- Maintain professional attitude under stress.
- Prioritize coworkers' need for help above own.
- Collaborate and share new ideas early.
- Share thoughts and feedback openly and constructively.
- Seek to understand and solve root problems instead of symptoms.
- A/BS in Computer Science, MIS, or IT related field OR equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Object-Oriented Programming using one or more of the following (C#, VB.NET, Java, C++).
- Knowledge of team software development lifecycle and release processes.
- Demonstrated passion to learn new software development skills.
- Effectively collaborate with teams and customers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn without formal training.
- Ability to document, verbalize and organize thoughts.
- Must be eligible to work in the US - Betenbough is not sponsoring work visas or transfers at this time. Permanent Resident Card or US Citizenship is required.
- Knowledge in: NET Core, .NET MVC, .NET Web API, LINQ, Angular, xUnit, SQL Server, Azure Services
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Office Role
- Works in temperature-controlled environment.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, rock, etc.).
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Most field jobs: Ability to lift 20 - 75 pounds.
Hours and Schedule
- 40 - 45 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F).
- No evenings or Sundays.
- Travel is occasionally required.
- Lunch break may be required.
- Lunch meetings are occasionally required.
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, events, or to meet deadlines.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips