Create vision and bring new communities to life.
Execute planning items while building rapport with key municipal staff and elected officials. Assist the Land Team in taking raw parcels of land through entitlement prior to development of homesites for future families. This is an engaging and rewarding role that collaborates across various organizations within our company and our communities.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Communication skills: superior - both verbal and written
- Planning/organizing skills: superior - orderly and systematic
- Multitasking/prioritizing: superior - must be able to handle multiple deadlines
- Computer/technology skills: superior - skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of principals, practices and techniques of residential community planning
- Experience in land planning
- Experience in BlueBeam
- Experience with GIS systems
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Work in temperature controlled environment with occasional job site visits.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, rock, etc.).
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions such as frequent moving vehicles, construction equipment, and various construction materials.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 30 - 50 pounds.
Hours and Schedule
- 40 - 50 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F).
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, city events, etc.
- Occasional travel to other company regions or event locations is required
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-Issued Cell Phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips
- Company provided vehicle