Alcove Farms is in need of a team member that loves regenerative farming and gets excited about serving our farm and community.
We exist to SOW. GROW. RESTORE. by regenerating our soil using animals, plant life, and other natural resources. Currently, the farm produces more than 3,000+ eggs daily and produces and sells packaged poultry.
- Build relationships daily with co-workers, trade partners, neighbors, and suppliers
- Daily tasks include:
- Move the animals (cattle, chickens, goats, )
- Feed and water all the animals
- Collect eggs
- Refresh pasture after chickens have pulsed the land (usually 1 acre at a time)
- Maintain cleanliness of farm and around the perimeter of the fence
- Document our farm and ranch processes to ensure ongoing operations
- Develop and maintain an organizational system for yourself that allows you to be efficient and responsive
- Assist with vegetable garden
- Maintain the farm compost systems
- Help facilitate infrastructure on the farm
- Build and maintain PVC watering systems
- Move and maintain electro net, turbo wire, hot wire transmission line
- Maintain hog wire fence and gates
- Maintain and repair inground water lines
- Assist with chicken processing
- Fix and maintain faming equipment
- Drive delivery truck and trailer and deliver eggs to United, Market Street, HEB.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Farming, Mechanical, and Regenerative Farming experience is helpful
- Good Customer Relation skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Work is conducted on a farm and in a field
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, rock, etc.).
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions such as frequent moving vehicles, construction equipment, and various construction materials.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 20 - 75 pounds.
Hours & Schedule
- Average 40 hours per week (8am - 5pm, M-F)
- Possible weekend work
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued Cell Phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips