•Non-Traditional Schedule •Benefits Beyond the Traditional
•Professional Development •Be Appreciated
Be part of a team dedicated to serving The Willows Event Center patrons and uncovering their event center needs. Leading a team creating signature service experiences around The Willows events. Strive to create a positive impact on each guest’s experience and exemplify Unity, Growth, Excellence and Generous Stewardship.
Following our Chef de Cuisine’s specifications and guidelines, the successful candidate will employ their culinary and leadership skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our guests’ satisfaction in food and service.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen staff
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Assume the role as Chef de Cuisine
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
- Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
- High school or GED equivalent required, formal culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years cooking experience in a dining environment and experience in a culinary leadership role preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests.
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- Ability to bend, stand, and stoop for long periods of time, and working long hours in hot conditions
- Must have experience calculating figures and amounts and performing mathematical functions to meet the business needs
- Experience and strength in inventory and controls
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, guests, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
- 40-45 hours per week
- Nights and weekends required
- Lunch meetings and events outside of normal working hours are required
- Occasional travel to other company regions or event locations is required
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-Issued Cell Phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips