The detail team readies each home for closing. As a detail technician, you fill a key role by helping complete the finishing touches on each home. You will enjoy a team environment where you will build relationships with team members, vendors and trade partners. In addition, you will learn skills such as caulking, paint touch-up, minor texture repairs, and other tasks pertaining to the final details of the home.
To provide world class craftsmanship in the finishing touches of Betenbough Homes that exceeds the expectations of our current and future homebuyers.
Delight our homeowners with quality construction of every home that exceeds their expectations.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new skills needed for the position.
- Deliver Betenbough quality and value through high end craftsmanship in the final details of the home.
- You will be responsible for all the detail work performed in the home that you are assigned to.
- Inspect all work for quality and completion
- Complete all finishing details such as: Caulking, paint touch-up, minor texture repairs, etc… and anything else that is not to Betenbough’s quality standards.
- Work with the detail team to insure each home stays on schedule for our Welcome Home Celebrations.
- Develop your own organizational system for yourself that allows you to be efficient and responsive in your role.
- Self motivated
- Self starter
- Strong work ethic / consistent
- Intrinsic desire to achieve and perform
- Able to work autonomously
- “Tinkerer” with tasks and processes within role
- Gets energy from perfecting task by repetition
- Detail oriented while balancing work progress
- Optimistically embraces change
- Able to shift through a variety of different tasks
- Successfully work with a variety of personalities in group work
- Hands On / Mechanically Inclined
- Loves to work with their hands
- Desires to learn and become efficient with their craft
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Work in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodated
- Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Effective communication skills with co-workers, trade partners, and homeowners
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to operate a company vehicle safely
- Communication - Good
- Problem Solving - Good
- Time Management - Good
- Planning and Organization - Good
- Mechanically Inclination - Good
Hours & Schedule
- 45 - 50 hours per week (7am-5pm, M-F).
- 35 minute – 1 hour lunch required.
- Lunch meetings are occasionally required.
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, events, or to meet deadlines.
- Travel is occasionally required.
- Minimal travel required for company events and inter-region collaboration.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Company-issued cell phone
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Company Training Opportunities
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips
- Paid Time Off Policy