The Accounting Associate will impact our company by applying generally accepted accounting principles with excellence and integrity and providing accurate and timely accounting procedures accomplished through teamwork, while maintaining a growth mindset.
- Work with team to process outstanding invoices.
- Process employee matching contributions.
- Process utilities within a week of receipt.
- Assist in ensuring Concur credit card transactions are coded correctly and timely.
- Assist with utilities, as needed.
- Track trade loans and process credit memos, if applicable.
- Answer departmental questions as it relates to accounts payable transactions.
- Explore ways to simplify and improve internal processes related to accounts payable.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- General understanding of GAAP Accounting Standards
- Understanding of accrual process
- Maintain professional skepticism on all transactions received and posted
- Accounts payable experience
- Be detail and task oriented
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accounting Degree
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 5 - 20 pounds.
Hours and Schedule
- Average 40 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F).
- Minimal travel required for company events and inter-region collaboration.
- Lunch break may be required.
- Lunch meetings are occasionally required.
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, events, or to meet deadlines.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips