To be dedicated to The Willows Event Center guests and their event center needs. To be intentional and excellent while adding value to our guests’ experience. To Connect and Serve to Inspire.
Perform food and drink serving duties during events while connecting with guests in a joyful, patient, and efficient manner. They will also assist with pre-event prep work that will include venue set ups, catering preparation and any other tasks needed for the event.
Essential Job Functions
- Discuss event details with Banquet Manager and Banquet Captain
- Set up for events by putting tablecloths and place settings and décor on tables, arranging table placement based on the specified layout and setting up any catering items
- Carrying plates of food on trays and serving guests
- Keep drink glasses filled throughout the meal service
- Remove catering items from tables at the end of a meal
- Perform cleaning tasks and breakdown of events
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards
- Maintain a high level of excellence through service
- Team Player: displays humility, hunger to learn and grow
- Attention to Detail: ability to see beyond the big picture to properly execute an event
- Problem Solving and Adaptability: you must be able to quickly and effectively solve problems that are thrown your way
- Listener: respect the event lead and follow the instructions asked
- Service: strive for smooth event flow and anticipate the needs of the guests
- Servant-minded: A longing to humbly serve people around you
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous catering or restaurant service experience
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, customers, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
- Part Time less than 30 hours a week
- Days, nights and weekends required
- Occasional travel to other company regions or event locations required