The Ninety-Two Bakery & Café Back of House Lead -Baker will lead the team focused on producing exceptional artisan breads, pastries, and foods for the café. This role requires a passion for bread and pastries along with savory items. The perfect candidate will be extremely hospitable, and service oriented along with displaying exceptional leadership qualities.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall operations for the back of house kitchen and bakery area
- Ability to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Ensure freshness of all bakery items and food in the bakery
- Ensure that the kitchen is appropriately staffed, proper prep is completed for the day, and the pace of service is maintained while adhering to health and safety standards
- Hiring all back of house staff and training them on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques
- Ensuring kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule; food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards
- Responsible for completing inventory of food and kitchen supplies; controlling food cost, waste, and employee hours
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers
- 2 years of management and bakery experience preferred
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry Arts is advantageous.
- Ability to work full-time including weekend hours and early mornings
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and make decisions
- Sound knowledge of different baking techniques
- The ability to work under pressure.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, guests, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
- 40-45 hours per week
- Nights and weekends required
- Meetings and events outside of normal working hours are required
- Occasional travel to other company regions or event locations is required
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips