Our company is on the hunt to fill an exciting new role! We are seeking a Land Analyst to become an integral member of a multi-faceted Land Team. You will work alongside the team to further enhance the land acquisition and feasibility processes for a growing homebuilding and land development company. You will apply critical thinking skills to identify and analyze desirable parcels of land that may become residential communities providing homes for hundreds of families. You will learn the opportunities and challenges of respective markets and how they apply to Betenbough Homes’ land and regional strategies. This is a fun role that will collaborate across various functions of the company as we seek to provide value to our homebuyers.
Essential Job Functions
- Report directly to Director of Land Strategy
- Perform preliminary research of residential land and/or finished lot opportunities
- Maintain log of land opportunities for internal reference
- Initiate contact with owners of desirable land prospects
- Utilize GIS software to identify land opportunities in target markets
- Track municipal Planning and Zoning meeting agenda items
- Conduct general research of competitive environment to understand potential community positioning for new land opportunities (e.g. competitor pricing, sales pace, etc.)
- Provide general support to Director of Land Strategy during feasibility process for new land under contract including:
- Identification of zoning and/or annexation needs to fulfill market land strategy
- Review of boundary surveys
- Title analysis
- Review of development cost estimates
- Review of environmental reports and soil analyses
- Identification of general project constraints and risks
- Track land inventory and finished lot takedowns
- Modify financial spreadsheets for new community budgets and analysis of costs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (BBA preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software; advanced Excel Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills – must be able to clearly communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity – a hunger to learn and grow
- Must be able to operate both autonomously and in a collaborative environment
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Work in a temperature-controlled environment with occasional job site visits.
- Vision for near, mid-range, and far, in addition to hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds.
Hours & Schedule
- 40-45 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F)
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, events, or to meet deadlines
- Position is exempt from overtime
- Periodic travel required to regional offices (these trips almost never require an overnight stay and can be made in a company vehicle)
- Competitive compensation, including profit sharing
- People-first culture, working alongside talented team members who genuinely care for each other
- Ability to apply your gifts and talents for a purpose that is bigger than profit
- Healthy work/life balance, including up to 5 weeks paid time off, the ability for you and your family (or a guest) to travel the world on company-sponsored mission trips, and much more
- Many growth opportunities across our rapidly growing family of companies
- Be a real owner by accumulating company stock through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). While we cannot guarantee future performance, we can say our ESOP stock has grown on average by 30% year-over-year for more than a decade!
- Attend world-class training events and participate in countless opportunities for professional, personal, and spiritual development
- Office within one of Texas' most attractive campuses (take a peek at TheWillowsLubbock.com)
- Eligible for employee home discount (up to 10% discount after the first year)
- Company-issued iPhone with unlimited data service
- Generous and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical plans with options for dental and vision, as well as employer-paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- Work for an organization that truly loves its people, which is evident by our 4.5+ star rating on Glassdoor.com (Go read what our team members say about working at Betenbough Homes!)