Be part of a team dedicated to serving The Willows Event Center patrons and uncovering their event center needs. Leading a team creating signature service experiences around The Willows events. Strive to create a positive impact on each guest’s experience and exemplify unity, growth, excellence and generous stewardship.
Event Servers will perform food and drink serving duties during breakfast, lunch, dinners, and special events. They will interact with guests in a positive, friendly, and efficient manner. These positions are important to the success of our events as they build relationships by serving our guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set up for events by putting tablecloths and place settings, arranging table placement, and setting up a buffet
- Carrying plates of food on trays and serving guests
- Keep glasses filled; remove each round of plates and replenish utensils
- Perform cleaning tasks and breakdown of service
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards
- Have fun and build relationships!
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous catering or restaurant service experience required
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent customer service and teamwork
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, guests, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
- Days, nights, and weekends required
- Lunch meetings and events outside of normal working hours are required