Architecture Team Overview
Our primary purpose is to serve Betenbough Homes’ regional teams by providing top notch, world class, home designs, plans and specifications that align with company principles. Ultimately, we serve and support Betenbough Homes’ regional teams to make their jobs easier and more efficient. Our plans are a constant physical reflection of the quality work we produce for customers every day. We must create efficient, desirable layouts, with accurate and detailed construction drawings and specifications that will be built many times over in our communities. Additionally, our purpose is to provide top notch service to Betenbough Companies and any of its subsidiaries. Our focus in these additional endeavors should remain as a service department, providing world class, drawings, specifications and designs to Betenbough Companies and any of its subsidiaries.
An Architecture Associate will serve our customers by designing, maintaining, and perpetuating accurate template drawings and details for homes that are affordable, beautiful, buildable, and desirable to the market. Architecture Associates will also be responsible for developing innovations that increase speed, efficiency, or simplicity within all design and drawing processes.
Essential Job Functions
- home layouts and fronts models using advanced design criteria
- built structures by interpreting and applying building codes
- construction drawing file templates
- photo-realistic renderings of plans and fronts
- schematic designs, sketches, and innovative types of new products
- time-saving process, strategies, and technology tools
- with builders to assure quality on new Product Development homes
- with sales to discover success of plans and analyze feedback from customers
- with leadership on design iterations and updates to redirect design process
- with regional government agents to ensure success with codes interpretation and permitting
- with consultant professionals to leverage outside expertise in developing design solutions
- drawings systems and processes to continually seek to save additional time and effort
- technology platforms, means, and methods to stay current with beneficial new trends
- existing technology tools for additional time-saving and work efficiency
- plans for adherence to established office standards
- the drawings of other team members to verify design accuracy
- and analyze designs for compliance with building standards, ordinances, and codes
- other team members in their on-boarding and training
- Detailed personality
- Experience in Revit or AutoCad
- Advanced computer Skills
- Desire to serve others
- Degree in field related to Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Math, or Science
- Advanced architecture, drafting, and/or home building experience
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, customers, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
Hours & Schedule
- Salaried professional exempt
- Typical work hours 40-45hrs/week expected
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, or to meet deadlines.