Staff Accountant Purpose Statement
Impact our company by applying accepted accounting principles with excellence and integrity, and providing accurate and timely accounting procedures accomplished through teamwork while maintaining a growth mindset.
Essential Job Functions
- Process home closings and deposits daily
- Process all construction deposits and PRL deposits daily
- Maintain A/R accounts to ensure customer accounts are accurate
- Reconcile priority registration list daily to ensure reporting accuracy
- Record project accounting entries included transfers between WIP accounts
- Accurately maintain project accounts to ensure no postings are made after completion
- Assist with bookkeeping for all other brands
- Assist with special projects in different capacities within the team as well as the overall company
- Be responsible for recording/reporting all other cash inflows
- Be open and prepared to grow professionally within the team as well as the overall company
- Need to be orderly, systematic, and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Strong Communication skills, both electronic and verbal
- Be detail and task oriented
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics
- Experience with Project Accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP Accounting Standards
- 1-3 years’ Accounting Experience
- Accounting Degree
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Work in temperature controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Effective communication skills when dealing with co-workers, trade partners, and home owners.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
- 40-45 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F)
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips or to meet deadlines