Architecture Team Overview
Our primary purpose is to serve Betenbough Homes’ regional teams by providing top notch, world class, home designs, plans and specifications that align with company principles. Ultimately, we serve and support Betenbough Homes’ regional teams to make their jobs easier and more efficient. Our plans are a constant physical reflection of the quality work we produce for customers every day. We must create efficient, desirable layouts, with accurate and detailed construction drawings and specifications that will be built many times over in our communities. Additionally, our purpose is to provide top notch service to Betenbough Companies and any of its subsidiaries. Our focus in these additional endeavors should remain as a service department, providing world class drawings, specifications.
An architecture intern will assist and support the architecture team functions by creating timely and accurate site-specific construction drawings, pre-construction drawings, site plans, and spec book content. Additionally, as a member of the architecture team, the architecture intern, will be required to learn the roles of other team members, in order to assist and support the team.
Essential Job Functions
- Issue permits for assigned region(s)
- Create job drawings and site plans
- Ensure permits are received prior to start dates in assigned region(s)
- Publish PDFs to trade partner website
- Issue PC drawings for assigned region(s)
- Create PC drawings
- Select options and double check drawings for accuracy
- Correct errors/plan changes on job drawings
- Correct all errors/plan changes on job drawings that have already been issued
- Coordinate with builders to correct errors
- Edit and modify spec book
- Improve processes and drawing systems
- Create/improve processes to be more efficient
- Organize processes to be more efficient
- Create/improve drawing systems to be more efficient
- Fill in for other team members
- Assist other team members filling in with their responsibilities
- Detailed personality
- Advanced computer skills
- Basic understanding of various architectural drafting and graphics software
- Desire to serve others
- Basic understanding of construction drawings
- A passion for, or experience in, home building
- Architecture and drafting in Revit or AutoCad is a plus
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far, as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, customers, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
Hours & Schedule
- Average <30 hours/week (Flexible between 7:00am and 5:00pm)
- Max 5 hours overtime
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, or to meet deadlines.