Bertram Capital is a private equity firm targeting investments in lower middle market companies. Since its inception in 2006, the firm has raised over $2.2B of capital commitments. Bertram has distinguished itself in the private equity community by combining venture capital operating methodologies with private equity financial discipline to empower its portfolio companies to unlock their full business potential. This approach is unique in that Bertram is not singularly focused on achieving its investment returns through financial engineering and the extraction of near-term cash flow. Instead, Bertram focuses on reinvestment and technology enablement to drive growth and value through digital marketing, e-commerce, big data and analytics, application development and internal and external platform optimization.
Visit www.bcap.com for more information.
Location: Foster City, CA
We are seeking a data-driven and innovative growth marketer to join our team. You will be managing projects for our diverse array of portfolio companies ranging in sizes and industries. This is an ideal opportunity for a growth marketer or a performance marketer who wants to move their career to the next level and expand their scope and expertise across multiple channels.
- Lead and support the implementation of our growth and paid marketing strategies (ex. Paid search, display, video, paid social, affiliate marketing) and test and scale additional media channels (ex. Podcasts, radio, connected TV, and more)
- Manage all aspects of campaign configuration, launch, and ongoing optimization – including strategy, ad copywriting, data-based optimization, budget/billing management, and ad trafficking
- Craft landing pages and lead-gen forms for our content to distribute through relevant paid programs
- Examine correlations between prospecting activities, revenue, and budget. Create and deliver meaningful analytics and reporting to monitor and show progress.
- Identify optimization opportunities, including continuous testing of ad copy and landing pages, including A/B testing
- Conduct keyword research through Google Keyword Planner and other tools and develop new campaign builds based on your research
- Research, plan, and execute new campaigns designed to hit client KPIs and defined conversion objectives.
- Troubleshoot, develop & implement paid search campaign structures to manage against performance goals (i.e. CPL, CPA, or ROAS) for client specific needs
- Monitor market intelligence and keep track of competitor movement and market situation
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies to keep us ahead, including updates to social media marketing, attribution, and programmatic media buying
- Assist portfolio companies in developing and implementing general growth marketing strategies across channels and tactics
- Help evaluate growth opportunities in potential new investments
- This role is a combination of consulting and implantation
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing with a thorough, demonstrable understanding of SEM, Display, and Paid Social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and more)
- Quantitative ability and an advanced understanding of digital media analytics
- Strong experience with Google Analytics
- Experienced in managing vendor relationships
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated project management skills with attention to timeline and budget
- Successful ability to present to and influence stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, is adaptable, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- A great communicator, capable of translating data-driven insights into meaningful and measurable recommendations
- A competitive base salary
- Bonus eligibility based on individual and team performance
- A premium suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Generous paid time off
At Bertram Capital we value and celebrate the many perspectives that arise from a variety of cultures, genders, religions, national origins, ages, abilities, socioeconomic status and sexual orientation. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) ensures that Bertram Capital is a place that attracts, grows, and promotes top talent from all backgrounds.