Investment Team Associate (FP&A)
at Bertram Capital Management
Foster City, CA
Bertram Capital is a private equity firm targeting investments in lower middle market companies. Since its inception in 2006, the firm has raised over $2.2B of capital commitments. Bertram has distinguished itself in the private equity community by combining venture capital operating methodologies with private equity financial discipline to empower its portfolio companies to unlock their full business potential. This approach is unique in that Bertram is not singularly focused on achieving its investment returns through financial engineering and the extraction of near-term cash flow. Instead, Bertram focuses on reinvestment and technology enablement to drive growth and value through digital marketing, e-commerce, big data and analytics, application development and internal and external platform optimization.
Visit www.bcap.com for more information.
Please Note: This role is based out of the SF Bay Area; Bertram Capital Requires all In-Office Staff to Provide Proof of Vaccination Against COVID-19
Bertram Capital is seeking an FP&A Associate to join the firm’s investment team. This individual will mainly be responsible for working with various portfolio companies to assist in building KPIs, month end reporting, and providing general support to accounting and finance functions. This role will also work on a small deal team and will be exposed to the full spectrum of private equity investing including evaluation of new platform investments, identification and execution of add-on acquisitions, investment thesis development, portfolio management, and deal execution. We hire personable, intelligent, self-starters who exhibit professionalism and exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree (minimum 3.5 GPA or equivalent) and high ACT/SAT scores
- 5 years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years in Public Accounting preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks, FP&A, building KPIs
- Fluency with financial statements, modeling and capital structure
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and comfortable managing multiple work streams and projects concurrently
- Interest and aptitude for involvement in portfolio company strategy and operations
- Strong analytical skills, strategic insight, industry perspective and intellectual curiosity
- Self-starter with excellent oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working as a productive member of a team
- High proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
At Bertram Capital we value and celebrate the many perspectives that arise from a variety of cultures, genders, religions, national origins, ages, abilities, socioeconomic status and sexual orientation. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) ensures that Bertram is a place that attracts, grows, and promotes top talent from all backgrounds.