Bertram Capital is a private equity firm targeting investments in lower middle market companies. Since its inception in 2006, the firm has raised over $1.7B of capital commitments. Bertram has distinguished itself in the private equity community by combining venture capital operating methodologies with private equity financial discipline to empower its portfolio companies to unlock their full business potential. This approach is unique in that Bertram is not singularly focused on achieving its investment returns through financial engineering and the extraction of near-term cash flow. Instead, Bertram focuses on reinvestment and technology enablement to drive growth and value through digital marketing, e-commerce, big data and analytics, application development and internal and external platform optimization.
Visit www.bcap.com for more information.
The Research Analyst, OCM for Bertram Capital conducts research on market insights, business opportunities, industry trends, competing organizations, customer demographics, and new technologies relevant to Bertram Capital’s investment strategy.
Reports to: Partner, OCM
Internal Partners: Investment Teams, OCM team
- Works closely with deal teams to develop investment themes targeting industry verticals or deal sectors identified through in-bound opportunities.
- Conducts research using search and database tools to help the investment team determine relative value of the theme or sector
- Develops market maps, including primary and add-on acquisition targets and identifies relevant investment bankers to target for outreach by the investment team and the OCM team.
- Mines Bertram CRM data to develop insights, identify deal trends and create reports to improve deal sourcing methodology
- Comprehensive investment thesis and sector reports based on direction from investment team
- Investment bank mapping and outreach targeting reports
- Weekly, monthly and annual deal sourcing insights/reports based on CRM and available industry data
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (preferably in math, statistics, finance or a related field)
- Deep web search experience, database and CRM management and ability to quickly learn and utilize new software tools
- Strong report writing and presentation skills, including comprehensive use of Powerpoint
- Candidate will have excellent multi-tasking and interpersonal skills since they will be working cross-functionally on multiple projects
- Candidate will be expected to be self-motivated and work independently
- A competitive base salary
- Bonus eligibility based on individual and team performance
- A premium suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Generous paid time off
At Bertram Capital we value and celebrate the many perspectives that arise from a variety of cultures, genders, religions, national origins, ages, abilities, socioeconomic status and sexual orientation. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) ensures that Bertram Capital is a place that attracts, grows, and promotes top talent from all backgrounds.