Bertram Capital is a private equity firm targeting investments in lower middle market companies. Since its inception in 2006, the firm has raised over $1.7B of capital commitments. Bertram has distinguished itself in the private equity community by combining venture capital operating methodologies with private equity financial discipline to empower its portfolio companies to unlock their full business potential. This approach is unique in that Bertram is not singularly focused on achieving its investment returns through financial engineering and the extraction of near-term cash flow. Instead, Bertram focuses on reinvestment and technology enablement to drive growth and value through digital marketing, e-commerce, big data and analytics, application development and internal and external platform optimization.
Visit www.bcap.com for more information.
Bertram Capital is seeking a Paralegal to join the firm in its San Francisco Bay Area headquarters or Remote. A successful Paralegal will be organized, reliable, highly analytical, and able to successfully manage several time sensitive and confidential compliance projects simultaneously. This role will report to the Chief Finance & Compliance Officer, and will have a significant impact on the overall success of the firm and its portfolio companies.
- Draft board consents, promissory notes and other legal documents
- Maintain contract files/summary and monitor contract renewals
- Prepare certificates of destruction, file electronic copies of originals, update log and ensure certificate of destruction is transmitted
- Maintain documents located on the Legal Drive
- Maintain portfolio company closing binders in Bertram’s filing system
- Run compliance reports
- Ad hoc compliance projects
- Assist with SEC Form ADV questionnaires
- Maintain/gather documents required for SEC examination
- Assist with gathering of portfolio company data (including but not limited to portfolio companies monthly/quarterly F/S, updates to board listings, cap tables and debt compliance certificates/covenant info. at least quarterly)
- Work with portfolio companies on document tracking and updates for board listings and consents
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong Excel and general technology skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience in private equity/venture capital
- Strong computer literacy and communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Self starter with hands‐on attitude
- Flexible, team player
- A competitive base salary
- Bonus eligibility based on individual and team performance
- A premium suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Generous paid time off
- Ability to work remote
At Bertram Capital we value and celebrate the many perspectives that arise from a variety of cultures, genders, religions, national origins, ages, abilities, socioeconomic status and sexual orientation. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) ensures that Bertram is a place that attracts, grows, and promotes top talent from all backgrounds.