Bertram Capital is a private equity firm targeting investments in lower middle market companies. Since its inception in 2006, the firm has raised over $1.7B of capital commitments. Bertram has distinguished itself in the private equity community by combining venture capital operating methodologies with private equity financial discipline to empower its portfolio companies to unlock their full business potential. This approach is unique in that Bertram is not singularly focused on achieving its investment returns through financial engineering and the extraction of near-term cash flow. Instead, Bertram focuses on reinvestment and technology enablement to drive growth and value through digital marketing, e-commerce, big data and analytics, application development and internal and external platform optimization.
Visit www.bcap.com for more information.
The Cybersecurity Operations Analyst role provides oversight, policy, compliance, and technical controls, ensuring a safe computing environment in addition to data governance and protection. Bertram Capital, using state-of-the-art technologies and creative methodologies to secure our intellectual property and data from our trusted partners.
Bertram Labs, the technology partner to Bertram Capital Management, is looking for a Cybersecurity Operations Analyst. In this role, you will evaluate, create, and update information security policies enforcing security practices and protocols, including monitoring security systems and alerts. This role’s primary responsibility is protecting data through the rigorous application of tools and skills for intrusion/breach prevention, threat hunting, and incident response. This role reports directly to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and collaborates with Bertram Labs engineers, information technology staff, and business leaders. You will monitor and fight threats to Bertram’s computing infrastructure. You will also evaluate security policy, security systems and report on security incidents measuring the effectiveness of technical controls.
The Cybersecurity Operations Analyst can expect to:
Participate in incident response, including evaluation, mitigation, and reporting actions to detect and contain activity.
Manage implementation of vendor tools.
Monitor and analyze endpoint security systems and data networks, including reviewing network device alerts and logs, monitoring intrusion prevention and detection systems, and user computing devices.
Perform response and investigation activities and maintains logs to record and report incidents.
Maintain documentation on an ongoing basis of our network and applications.
Provide input on various design topologies from a security perspective and identify the pros and cons of each approach.
Train Bertram personnel on security policies and procedures; assist in the development of security training programs.
Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of information security infrastructure and architecture of both tactical and strategic perspectives
- Ability to comfortably talk with individuals and business leaders about their needs and ask the right questions related to the security policies of the firm
- Management of vendor due diligence and evaluation of security policy to ascertain security posture of external relationships
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation)
- Preferred: Financial services experience
- Preferred: Experience with GRC solutions
- Preferred: Knowledge of public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
- Provide after-hours support (on-call)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical field preferred
Two years of administering information security systems, including application testing, information assurance program gap analysis or incident response in a financial related indurstry.
- A competitive base salary
- Bonus eligibility based on individual and team performance
- A premium suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Generous paid time off
- Ability to work remote
At Bertram Capital we value and celebrate the many perspectives that arise from a variety of cultures, genders, religions, national origins, ages, abilities, socioeconomic status and sexual orientation. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) ensures that Bertram is a place that attracts, grows, and promotes top talent from all backgrounds.