Hi!  I’m Sherry, Founder & CEO of Bertner Advisors, a boutique consulting firm delivering the Wall Street perspective to the top executives at publicly traded health care companies.  We are a dynamic start-up culture in simultaneous centripetal and vertical motion, and I am looking for an exceptional Executive & Personal Assistant who will report directly to me and will empower me to focus on driving our organization.  This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a team of EA/PAs that will serve as the operational backbone of our compelling company.  

Have you ever thought about what it is that you love about your work and what makes you extraordinary at it? 
  • Do you make the team you work with better?  Do you make everything you touch better?
  • Are you the most organized person you know?  Intensely detail-oriented?  A perfectionist?
  • Are you bored with a mechanical daily routine and, instead, truly come alive in the role of chaos tamer?
  • Do you derive a delicious satisfaction in creating order?
  • Are you riveted by discovering and aligning on the essential principles and lenses underlying a team's decision-making frameworks?
  • Do you drive things to completion?  Do you emerge victorious over roadblocks to do so?
  • Are you deeply process driven?  Does a solid checklist give you goosebumps?  
  • Are you eager to learn?  How eager?  Obsessed?
  • Are you a clear, concise communicator?
  • Are you intoxicated by formulating the perfect selection of words and designing just the right phraseology and sentence structure to articulate your point?
  • Are you recognized as the go-to editing and proofing expert among friends and colleagues?
  • Do you light up at the idea of deploying your remarkable aptitude to drive businesses forward?
If you answered yes to most or all of these, read on. 

About Us
At our core, we exist to advance the pace of innovation in health care by influencing the influencers.  Bertner Advisors is the only company in the country staffed exclusively by equity research analysts delivering the Wall Street perspective to the top management teams at publicly traded companies in health care.  Our small-but-mighty team develops executives in our domain, enabling health care leaders to advance their companies in service of their noble missions.   

Our team is already recognized by some of the top health care executives in the country for operating at the highest level in our industry.  Nobody does what we do the way we do it.  And we’re upping our game.  

About The Role
Our team is an intense, high-performance machine, dividing and conquering every minute of every day.  The phenomenon we seek is a high-caliber, experienced, career EA/PA who loves the core EA/PA responsibilities and will flourish within our vision for the vast sphere of this role long-term.  We are looking for a virtuoso who aligns on goals and direction and propels their work, and, thereby, our organization, forward. 

My ideal match is a trusted, pivotal force behind the scenes who thrills in supporting their CEO both on and off the field, keeping me laser-focused on the things that only I can do by taking everything else off my desk and off my mind.  My quintessential EA/PA is drawn to our mission and is passionate about architecting, designing, building, and driving the operational foundation of a premier consulting firm, while juggling flaming chainsaws with minimal direction and maximal finesse.  

In sum, we need a unicorn with a vision of how mastery in their role will revolutionize my life, and, thereby, strengthen the health and trajectory of our company!  

You:
  • thrive on discerning and ruthlessly clearing a pathway from chaos to order
  • are sensitive to the time pressures of my life, looking out for me and protecting my time and energy 
  • ensure that no problem you can solve ever ends up on my radar
  • recognize the patterns and rhythm of my work, as well as the principles and lenses underlying my decision-making process, and convert that knowledge into a superpower to see around corners, anticipate my needs, and make projects and processes flow more fluidly and with greater momentum
  • are an independently driven self-starter with an extreme sense of ownership over your work and a dedication to service that borders on obsessive
  • are an active doer who drives deadline discipline with both a sense of urgency and a nurturing calm
  • possess incredible grit and are a quick learner who "figures it out" against any and all odds and refuses to rest until the finish line is crossed
  • are intensely organized with painstaking attention to detail
  • revel in the craft of composing an exquisite message or document
  • are a bona fide grammar nerd (does the Oxford Comma debate keep you awake at night?)
  • respect the sanctity of giving and receiving direct feedback and use it as fuel to upgrade your work and your company
  • constantly scan for, and delight in uncovering and vetting, potential improvements to processes, systems, workflow, and output
  • implement those innovations that survived our comprehensive vetting process
  • have a burning desire to learn
  • continually research to make yourself and your team even more exceptional, developing resources that don’t currently exist
  • uphold extraordinarily high standards while driving multiple deliverables in the midst of rapidly switching contexts and ever-shifting priorities
  • can easily picture yourself flourishing in our unique environment, with unpredictable tornados wrangled to the ground by fascinating, inspiring strategic thought partnership among teammates and substantial independent work in quiet solitude 
  • are known for exhibiting nearly superhuman grace under fire

We know this is a demanding scope and mindset that will require the very best of you...to drive the very best of me

An environment this rigorous is decidedly not for everyone.  If this does sound like you, and you are up for the challenge of supporting the leader of a dynamic, ambitious team that is “always on” and will regularly push you to be the best version of yourself, we should talk. 

Bertner Advisors, LLC appreciates your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.

Apply for this Job

* Required

resume chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)
cover_letter chosen  
(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

Our system has flagged this application as potentially being associated with bot traffic. Please turn off any VPNs, clear your browser cache and cookies, or try submitting your application in a different browser. If this issue persists, please reach out to our support team via our help center.
Please complete the reCAPTCHA above.