Nevada Statewide Caucus Coordinator
at Bernie 2020 (View all jobs)
Bernie 2020 is seeking a motivated, dynamic Statewide Caucus Coordinator to join our Nevada Team. Our campaign has an ambitious goal: to build the largest national grassroots organizing operation in presidential campaign history. This will require empowering volunteers, activist leaders, and supporters to organize their communities to take on Trump and the billionaire class at an unprecedented scale.
The Statewide Caucus Coordinator will primarily be responsible for recruiting and training volunteers for Caucus Day, educating historically underrepresented communities about the caucus process, and working with the field team to execute GOTC operations.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns
- Recruit and train volunteers for Caucus Day
- Identify, recruit and support volunteer leaders for each caucus location
- Organize and conduct caucus trainings in historically underrepresented communities
- Assist Caucus and Data Departments in daily administrative tasks
- Coordinate a team of volunteer caucus trainers
- This role will involve daily driving.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of the caucus process, and the rules of the 2020 Nevada Caucus
- Ability to multitask, create and achieve goals, meet deadlines and creatively solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Strong willingness to learn and adapt
- A working car that you can use on the campaign
- Experience working or volunteering on electoral, union, or community organizing campaigns
- Experience turning out supporters to a caucus
$48,000 a year
Full-Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Bernie 2020 recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.