State Operations Director
Location: Los Angeles preferred, remote for right candidate
Application Deadline: Rolling
Desired Start Date: As soon as available
Type: Full Time
The State Operations Director will help oversee daily business operations for the state campaign, including assisting with hiring and on-boarding, payroll, office set up and oversight, procurement, financial oversight, and in general, ensuring the deployment and adherence to policies and procedures set by the National office. This position reports to the State Director.
- Work closely with the State Director and the National Operations team to manage local, daily operations, including but not limited to supply and merchandise procurement and tracking, multiple office set up and maintenance, office utility management, and state budget tracking.
- Work with national People Operations to facilitate new hire payroll processing and training for in-state staff
- Collaborate with field staff to address operations issues and needs in a timely manner
- Process contracts and payments according to the Policies and procedures set by national
- Assist with the off-boarding and redeployment of staff after the caucus
- Manage shut down process of all offices after the caucus
- Assist with local events
- Some in-state travel required, especially for new office set up and new hire training events
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one cycle of campaign experience a plus, or a year of equivalent logistical experience
- Exceptionally organized with heightened attention to detail
- An overall sense of responsibility to get the job done
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from many backgrounds
- Flexible, adaptable and solutions-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Willingness to occasionally work long hours and weekends, especially in the month ahead of the caucus
- Ability to work a 6 day work week
This role does not have a direct report at this time; however, as the state program grows, additional Operations staff could be needed.
Full Time employees are eligible for benefits, including health care, vision, and dental insurance; sick leave, paid time off, cell phone stipend, and more.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This campaign is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and to serving the American people. Some organizational priorities include:
- Building policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect everyone and do not lead to inequalities;
- Creating teams and relationships among staff, volunteers, and supporters that are reflective of the populations we serve;
- Increasing engagement of communities of color, women, those with disabilities, and all people historically shut out of electoral and caucus processes;
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership;
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion; and
- Changing the historical culture of inequity and exclusion pervasive in political campaigns.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Campaign recruits, hires, trains, transfers, and promotes qualified candidates on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.